As a result of the phenomenal prizes that have been secured for 2014 the 48 Hour Film Project USA organisers have decided that as many people as possible should be given a fair chance at entering this competition to stand in line to win in any of the winning categories.
Therefore, in order to make it accessible to everyone who is interested in entering but cannot afford the fee (particularly students), we have DROPPED the fee and decided on a flat rate for the duration of the competition. This means there is no longer an early fee, regular fee and late fee; the fee will be set at ONE constant rate throughout and is now R1000 per team. YES! R1000 per team. So if students want to enter and there are ten people in your team, simply divide the cost among you and it works out to R100pp. This competition is open to absolutely ANYBODY, so enter today and create priceless memories of the most fun weekend you will EVER have.
Do you want to know what prizes are on offer this year?? Here goes. To date the Durban Producer has managed to secure prizes from phenomenal sponsors to the value of almost R800K for the 2014 competition.
**TAKE NOTE the two KZNFC prizes are only open to people between 18-35yrs. HOWEVER, the rest of the prizes have no age stipulation, so anyone from 18yrs and over are eligible for the rest of the prizes.
– Two 3-year film bursaries from KZN Film Commission (KZNFC) valued at ±R60K per bursary for 2015, with cost inflation of 10% per bursary for each progressive year thereafter. This adds up to ±R210K per bursary over three years). T&Cs apply.
– One 3-year scholarship from Centre for Fine Art, Animation & Design (CFAD) valued at ±R200K over three years. T&Cs apply.
– One 1-year Sound Technology course from Campus of Performing Arts valued at R49.5K. T&Cs apply.
– Three Video/Photographic SLPs (Short Learner Programmes) from Vega School of Brand Leadership collectively valued at R15K. T&Cs apply.
– One 6-month Dressmaking/Garment Construction course from Design School of South Africa (DSSA) valued at R6750 for the winner of Best Costume Designs. T&Cs apply.
– Three part-time courses in post-production from Keyline Graphics valued at R18.5K. T&Cs apply.
– Comfort Interiors & Decor is awarding the winner of Best Production Set Design a R25K production set design prize for one area/room/space on a future production.
– Paintbox is offering two vouchers for the winners in Best Make-Up & Styling and Best Special Effects.
– The Jazz Studio is offering the winner of Best Choreography exclusive lessons in Jazz dancing over two months valued at R5500.
The Durban Producer is still in the process of securing the remainder of the prizes for winners on the Awards Evening. However, the above prizes should give you all a fairly good idea of how big this year’s competition is going to be. The judges who will be judging your films this year are respected industry professionals who hail from VideoVision, the Avalon Cinema Group, ARTspace, FineLine Productions AND a popular radio presenter who is also an actor.
ENTER TODAY TO STAND IN LINE TO WIN ONE OF THESE AMAZING PRIZES!! REGISTER YOUR TEAM ON http://www.48hourfilm.com/durban