What’s On In Durban This Weekend
Easter Weekend in Durban is always happening – the only problem you’ll have is picking where to go!
1. Umhlanga Easter Festival (3-6 April)
Get yourself to Umhlanga for four days of fun! Every day of the weekend has fun family activities like early morning aerobics, competitions, races and loads of activities to keep you busy! The Miss Umhlanga Beach Babe Competition is one you won’t want to miss! The festival also includes a Trail Run and Walk, (16km, 12km, and 5km) with the finish at Millennium Stage.
Kids will also get to meet the Easter Bunny and do a beach Easter Egg Hunt.
2. Ratha Yatra – Festival of Chariots
For a weekend full of colour, culture and the most delicious food, The Festival Of Chariots on the Durban Beach front is a must! Start your weekend by centering your chi with free Yoga and Lifestyle workshops as well as many other programs, performances and shows. The main focus of the festival is, of course, the Procession of the Chariots – huge wooded structures which are pulled by devotees down the Durban Beach Promenade.
3. Beacon Africa’s Largest Easter Egg Hunt Want to be a part of Africa’s biggest Easter egg hunt? Make your way down to Ushaka, where the Easter Bunny will be hiding over 100 000 Easter Eggs! Kids will also have a change to see real penguin and shark eggs, watch a special Easter Dolphin Show and so much more!
4. Sharks vs. Crusaders The Cell C Sharks will fight for bragging rights this weekend in their match against The Crusaders at The Growthpoint Kings Park Stadium. Get down there and support our boys in Black and White!
5. Splashy Fen Music Festival
Get ready to get down and dirty, Splashy Fen is here! Splashy has something for everyone – whether you’re a day visitor, or an all weekend camper! There are craft markets Beer Gardens, Children’s entertainment areas, fishing, hiking and all that’s is besides the killer lineup! aKING, Kahn, Majozi and so many others will be gracing the stage this weekend. Make sure to pack your wellies… Splashy will definitely live up to its name by Sunday!
6. Chris Brown
Breezy is back in town! Saturday at Moses Mabhida Staduim Chris Brown fans are in for a concert of a lifetime as Brown celebrates the release of his new album X. the show will also feature international R&B Star August Alisina who will perform for the first time in South Africa.
7. Get Wet Summer Music Festival
A one of a kind, full entertainment experience unique to Durban at The Greyville Racecourse. The festival will feature some of the best local and international Dj’s, and a party playground
8. The Passion Play A definite highlight of Durban’s Arts Calendar which is based on the Jesus Christ’s’ last days on earth. It is widely described as more than a play, it is an experience which will move you as no other production can.
9. I Heart Market – Easter market
A jam packed market filled with beautifully crafted items ranging from food to fashion and more.
10. Durban Picnic Day
Get your picnic basket, grab a bunch of friends and family and head down to Moses Mabhida for a chilled day out with all of Durban! Durban Picnic day will feature Micasa, Prime Circle, AKA and many more of SA’s best artists. You’ll definitely regret missing this one.
Wishing you a warm, action packed, and safe Easter Weekend.