Top 10 Tips for Black Friday at the Pavilion.
So almost everyone we know is planning on taking advantage of the amazing Black Friday specials available at stores countrywide. We are thrilled that the Pavilion Shopping Centre is gearing up for the Biggest Black Friday KZN has ever seen, with some stores offering savings of up to 75%!!!
If you are a bargain hunter, or just wanting to get an early start to your Christmas present shopping then check out the Top 10 tips which are sure to guarantee you the best bargains:
1. Suss out the specials: By checking out adverts and brochures ahead of Black Friday, you can plan your shopping trip and know exactly what you are looking for and where to find it. By preparing and planning your shopping in advance, the experience becomes easier and more enjoyable.
2. Budget for the big day: All those super deals are tempting – but it’s not a good idea to over spend. Write down your Christmas Budget, taking gifts, food, décor and entertaining into account. Match this against your black Friday budget and tick off items in order of importance. If you can’t buy everything, at least you’ll know which ones are the most important.
3. Map out your mega shop: As the cliché goes, if you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Check your shopping list again and work out what’s most important and where you need to be first. We’ve grouped our tenants to make sure that you can buy all your related items together – that way you won’t waste time and energy walking up and down!
4. Start your shopping early: Early birds catch worms and latecomers might find that discounted items run out quickly. Note stores’ trading and specific sale hours.
5. Team up: Bring a friend or your family for the shopping adventure: This not only makes Black Friday more fun but teamwork means you can get far more bargains, quickly. Split up and hit the shops – but make sure you have cell phones at hand to compare prices, inform others of unexpected bargains – and eventually meet up again!
6. Pay with plastic: Remember that debit and credit cards are far safer than carrying large amounts of cash. Put the amount you are expecting to spend into your credit card – and remember the added bonus is that you earn loyalty points or rewards when swiping.
7. Always ask for a receipt: You can’t guarantee that clothing will always fit or that you don’t duplicate a gift. So, to be sure, ask for a receipt so that goods can be exchanged or returned.
8. Have a Snack: Don’t forget some munchies to restore your energy during your retail recce. Many of our retailers have on the go snacks and drinks. Alternatively, stop for a quick breakfast, grab and ice cream or a take-out coffee – or send a friend or family member to the Pavilion Food Court for a top up.
9. Dress to shop: You’ll be doing plenty of walking and carrying, so wear comfy clothing and shoes to avoid hurting feet and blisters.
10. Keep Your Cool: With lots of enthusiastic bargain hunters for company, it’s easy to get a little stressed out. Resolve to keep your cool before you head out on your Black Friday shopping expedition – after all, you’ll be smiling when you realise just how much you’ve saved at the Pavilion!