#RAKWeek2015 – How to change the world in 1 minute.
Random Acts of Kindness Week (RAK Week), Feb 9-15, 2015 is a 7 day celebration of kindness.
Imagine if for one week, all your social media media feeds were flooded with kindness. Uplifting news stories, inspiring quotes, kind comments… For one week everyone United to focus on the positive.
That is the goal of #RAKWeek2015 – to flood social media with kindness.
You’ve probably seen it all over your social media this morning, people encouraging or expressing kind thoughts or words… Wondering why?
This week, February 9-15 is #RACWeek2015 – Random Acts Of Kindness Week, and its aim? To flood social media with kindness!
A random act of kindness is a selfless act performed by a person wishing either to assist or to cheer a a person or group of people.
RAK Week was founded by the Random Acts Of Kindness Foundation, and international NPO who just want to spread a little more kindness around the world, you know, to make it a better place!
Here are some ways you can spread the kindness of #RAKWeek2015 this week:
1. Forgive someone – We all make mistakes.
2. Become a donor – sometime you don’t need to give money to help people – register on The Organ Donor Registry, or the Stem Cell Donor Registry or simply donate blood.
3. Smile at 10 strangers – you never know how your smile could change someone’s life!
4. Send someone a small gift anonymously.
5. Give another driver your parking spot.
6. Compliment a work colleague on their excellence.
7. Out of the blue, send flowers to a friend.
8. Tweet or Facebook message a genuine compliment to three people. (Or, don’t write the angry internet comment you’re thinking of writing.)
9. Leave a nice waiter the biggest tip you can afford.
10. Say please and thank you and really mean it.
Come on Durban, we would love for you to share your #RACWeek2015 ideas and stories with us. The most interesting and amazing stories will be featured in an article. You can share it on our page or email your #RACWeek2015 stories to firstname.lastname@example.org
Remember that what goes around comes around! Happy helping! For more information on #RAKWeek2015 click here.
Don’t forget to post your acts of kindness with #RAKWeek2015. Let’s flood social media with kindness!
“Do your little bit of good where you are. It’s those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world. – Desmond Tutu”