TEMPORARY ROAD CLOSURE FOR THE COMRADES MARATHON 2016
EThekwini Municipality residents and motorists are advised to please be aware of road closures during the Comrades Marathon 2016 on Sunday, 29 May 2016.
The Marathon will start from the Pietermaritzburg Hall at 5.30am and is planned to finish at 5.30pm at the Sahara Stadium Kingsmead in Durban.
Metro Police members will be on hand to assist motorists.
Road closures are as follows:
• Alexandra Rd is closed from 4am to 6.30am. Alexandra Rd to Ritchie Rd is closed from 4.30am to 7am and Richie Road to Washington Road is closed from 4am to 7am.
• Washington Rd to Market Road is closed from 4am to 7.15am. Market Rd to Polly Shortts is closed from 4am to 7.45am. Polly Shortts to Ashburton Rd is closed from 5am to 8.30am. Ashburton Rd to N3 Lion Park is closed from 5am to 8.45am, N3 Lion Park to uMlaas Rd is closed from 5.15am to 9.45am.
• UMlaas Rd to Camperdown is closed from 5.30am to 10.30am. Camperdown to Cato Ridge’s town area is closed from 6am to 11am. Cato Ridge to Eddie Hagen Drive is closed from 6.30am to 11.40am. Eddie Hagen Drive to Thousand Hills Drive is closed from 6.30am to noon. Thousand Hills Drive to the halfway point is closed from 6.45 to 1pm and the halfway point to Alverstone Road is closed from 7am to 1.15pm.
• Alverstone Rd to Kassier Rd is closed from 7.30am to 2pm. Kassier Road to Inanda Rd is closed from 7.45am to 2.30pm. Inanda Road to Winston Park is closed from 8am to 3pm. Winston Park to Everton Rd is closed from 8am to 3.15pm. M13 west-bound to Kloof is closed from 8.30am to 4pm. Old Main Road in Kloof to M13 west-bound is closed from 8.30am to 3.45pm. Bottom of Field’s Hill to St John’s Avenue is closed from 8.35am to 4.15pm. St John’s Avenue to Otto Volek is closed from 8.35am to 4.30pm. Otto Volek to King Cetshwayo Highway is closed from 8.35am to 5pm.
• King Cetshwayo Highway to 45th Cutting is closed from 9am to 5.15pm. 45th Cutting to the Sherwood on-ramp is closed from 9.20am to 5.30pm. N3 east-bound to Durban is closed from 9.30am to 6pm, N3 to Pine Street is closed from 9.30am to 6pm. Pine Street to Walnut Road is closed from 9.30am to 6.30pm.
We appeal to all motorists to exercise extreme caution while travelling on the road, obey speed limits, fasten your seatbelts, do not drive under the influence of alcohol, ensure that your vehicle is roadworthy and be patient with other road users.