Johannesburg, 3 September 2018: Communities around the country are abuzz as choirs prepare to wow audiences at the annual Old Mutual National Choir Festival (NCF).
Tickets are now on sale for the choral showdown, which is renowned for the great spirit of collaboration between communities, organisers, participants and audiences.
“Don’t miss out on what promises to be an inspiring 2018 competition!” says Thobile Tshabalala, Head of Brand at Old Mutual. “We’re looking forward to an exciting and diverse musical season. The incredible energy that each choir member brings to every performance, the meticulous mastery of the conductors, and the audience that cheers the choirs to victory cannot be missed. The time is now to showcase the best lyrical talent that South Africa has to offer.”
In response to changing needs, the 2018 Old Mutual NCF has been reduced from ten regional events to five, with no national finals. This change will lead to a fresher competition in the near future.
Choirs may be required to compete in other regions, but are encouraged to participate in a region of their choice.
· 8 September 2018 – Eastern Cape: Grahamstown – Guy Butler Theatre as a stand-alone Regional Championship
· 22 September 2018 – Free State: Bloemfontein – Sand du Plessis Theatre. This Regional Championship will incorporate the Northern Cape province
· 14 October 2018 – Western Cape: Cape Town – CTICC as a stand-alone Regional Championship
· 21 October 2018 – KwaZulu-Natal: eThekweni – Durban City Hall. The Regional Championship will incorporate choirs from the Kingdom of Eswatini
· 27 and 28 October 2018 – Gauteng: Johannesburg – Ellis Park Arena staged over two days to incorporate the North West, Limpopo and Mpumalanga provinces to accommodate more choirs. The Standard Category will be hosted on Saturday, 27 October 2018 while the Large Category is reserved for Sunday, 28 October 2018
Tickets are available at Computicket and Shoprite Checkers outlets for only R60.
Tickets for the Free State competition can be purchased at PACOFS Booking Office, St. Andrews Street Bloemfontein.