Selborne Hotel and Golf Resort – The Top 10 Things to Do
If you haven’t been to the Selborne Hotel just outside the south of Durban, then you are missing out on one of KZN’s best kept secrets. We could not believe that this amazing resort with it’s world class golf course and recently refurbished rooms was right on our doorstep.
We were lucky enough to spend a night at the gem and discovered that there is so much to do and see. So we have compiled a list of the Top 10 things to do at Selborne Hotel and Golf Resort:
1. Play a round of golf on the 18-hole championship golf course golf course which is rated by Golf Digest magazine as one of South Africa’s Top 100 courses.
2. Private Beach House not far from the Hotel, is a step away from the beach. The pool at the beach house is very secluded and is a perfect venue for a private party.
3. Fine Dining restaurant – Lord Selborne. If you love red meat then you must try their rack of lamb, it was one of the best we have had!
4. Luxury Accommodation – Whether you stay at the recently refurbished standard rooms or the luxurious Presidential Suite, you will enjoy luxury and great hospitality.
5. World Class La Vita Spa. Who doesn’t love being pampered and spoilt? So, whilst the guys were on the golf course the ladies treated themselves to the most amazing massages and them spent the afternoon on the private relaxation room. There is a couples room and a sauna too!
6. Wine Cellar – wine connoisseurs will love their wide range of wines. We even found a bottle of Dom Perignon there!
7. Barkers Bar – This is a great place to chill and relax with your family and friends. You could also watch a game on TV in the bar whilst trying out their awesome cocktails.
8. Faye Barker Trail on site – If you are feeling a bit adventurous and want to go exploring, then this is perfect for you.
9. Monthly Par 3 competition – the golf enthusiasts will love this one!
10. Perfect Wedding Venue – the Selborne wedding chapel has such an amazing love story to it. It’s the perfect venue for your intimate luxury wedding.
We absolutely loved our stay at the Selborne Hotel and Golf Resort and will definitely be returning soon – very soon!!